02 May 2012

Pea Coats and Poster Tubes

The idea of reinventing oneself has always fascinated me. It's what draws me to acting, dancing, and airports. "Airports" you ask? Yes.

Having frequented them quite often in the past two years with the greatest likelihood that they will still be a regular part of my life for the next three, I think a lot about them. It is one of the very few places that I am anonymous. Coming from a small college, small churches, and a small family, the other spheres I inhabit are filled with people who know me, most of them quite well. Airports. I'm in them alone. No one knows me. I become just one of the huge flows of travelers as I waft in and out of major travel portals across the United States.

They're perfect for people watching and if you people watch for long enough, you begin to notice fellow people watchers. This cannot help but bring up the curious idea that other people are wondering about your story just as you are wondering about theirs.

So perhaps that's why I enjoy carefully picking out an outfit that will send a particular message. It's like stepping into a roll..."typical college student with some hipster influences"...I might be able to pull it off with a bright red pea coat, purple top, green nails, and a large poster tube.



Perhaps I will be able to add to my collection of airport musings. I would like that.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...