30 May 2014

powder foundation


On a day-to-day basis, I wear hardly any makeup. Starting with lotion, I put on a powder foundation, lip balm, and mascara. On special occasions I might put a little bit of eye shadow and if I'm feeling particularly fancy, a smidge of eyeliner and a tinted chapstick.
 
That being said, powder foundation is a large part of my routine and this one is my favorite of those I've used. Conveniently, I made it in my kitchen with things I can eat. It feels clean and soft and lasts a good long time. I never reapply during the day as I find it a hassle, and this one doesn't even really need it. It smells delightful (cinnamon and coco all the way) and is really easy to get to the tint you prefer. Here is the combination I ended up with after halving the original recipe and fiddling around with it for awhile.
 
 
POWDER FOUNDATION
Original recipe from Live Simply
 
1/4 c corn starch
4 t cocoa powder
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t ginger
1 1/4 t cinnamon
 
Sift into a small bowl and whisk together
 
10 drops vitamins e oil (or oil of choice)
12 drops essential oil
 
Add to powder.
Stir in with the back of a spoon to disperse oil.
Resist to ensure dispersal.
Store in a lidded jar.
Apply with a foundation brush. 

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...