26 May 2014

blush

There are very few times when I bring out blush, but the temptation to make some when I was handed this pretty little bag of beet powder was too much.  I was particularly drawn in after watching Having a Ball, a documentary on a group of academics who put together a regency ball with meticulous accuracy, even down to the makeup used. Happily enough, they used beet powder.


So yes, I don't use blush much, but now I have a little jar of it to use when a special occasion comes along. It smells of ginger and cinnamon, goes on smoothly, feels clean, and lets me revel in an academic love of Austen.

Again, the recipe below is the one I ended up with after fiddling for a little while to get the colour how I wanted it.

 
BLUSH
Original recipe from Live Simply
 
1 T beet powder
1 T cornstarch
1 t ginger
1 t cinnamon
 
Sift together, stirring until blended.
 
3-5 drops vitamin e oil (or oil of choice)
 
Add in and blend well with the back of a spoon.
Resist to ensure dispersal of the oil.
Store in a lidded jar.
Use as you would any blush.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...