10 September 2013

drop biscuits

With a friend coming over to reminisce over Oxford, I knew I needed to make a proper tea. Besides, I was curious if I could make something which matched my expectations and yet still stayed within the parameters of what I eat.


In order to do so, I adapted yet another Elana Amsterdam recipe by adding grated cheddar cheese to the dough right before mixing the wet and dry ingredients together. 

The result was splendid, though I think I'm going to fiddle around with the amount of cheese that I add and see how it affects the overall texture and taste of the finished biscuits. The modified recipe yielded just the number of biscuits I wanted with a wonderful cornbread texture...not too sweet, not too salty...a wonderful pairing with PGTips.


DROP BISCUITS 
Makes 8 biscuits 

Preheat oven to 350 F. 
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. 

2 1/2 c blanched almond flour 
1/2 t sea salt 
1/2 t baking soda 

Combine in a large bowl. 
Set aside.

1/4 c grapeseed oil 
1/4 c honey 
2 large eggs 
1 t freshly squeezed lemon juice 

Whisk together in a small bowl. 

1 c grated extra mature cheddar cheese (optional) 

Add. 
Stir wet into dry until thoroughly combined. 
Drop the batter, in scant 1/4 c 2 inches apart, onto the baking sheet. 
Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown or a toothpick comes out clean. 
Let cool briefly on the baking sheet, then serve warm. 

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...