02 August 2013

crisp

The Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Most people feel sorry for me because I can't eat corn, potatoes, sugar, and various other tidbits. But you know? Not only have I been healing more every day, but I get to experiment, find loopholes, and make delicious food despite the limitations.



When faced with a half dozen peaches which were fast turning to delicious mush, I knew just what I wanted to do with them. I wanted to make crisp, a classic and go-to dessert in our house. So...how to make it without sugar or flour, the main ingredients of crisp topping. Enter the ever-wonderful almond meal.



FRUIT CRISP TOPPING (still experimental)

maybe 1 c almond meal
about 1/4 c coconut flour
half a stick of butter (or less?)
honey

Mix together with a pastry cutter, a fork, or a couple of knives until it reaches the consistency you would like for topping.

fruit

Cut up your fruit (I left the peach skin on), put it in your pan.

vanilla (sans-alcohol)

Drizzle over the fruit, then pour your topping on and pat down. Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes, then cover with foil so your topping doesn't burn. Bake another 15 minutes or until the peaches are tender. You can eat it hot or cold. It's rather rich, so take a small piece for starters. See if any of your friends can tell that there's no sugar or flour.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...