14 August 2012

HELLO again!

And...I'm back! I applaud those of you who are still "reading" this blog, as I went on a two month, unannounced hiatus. This place is going to get WAY more interesting very soon...as in about a week.

I'm planning for a weekly cooking adventure, various beautiful shots of hills, mountains, and sunsets, most likely some more assignments will show up here or perhaps a few word sketches such as poetry or prose. Book reviews perhaps? Though probably not as I will be swamped with reading already and probably won't have time to read more of them for fun. Ah! I also believe I'll be attending the Stone Mountain Highland Games again and this time I will take my CAMERA and get some pictures.

I have had a wonderful summer, even away from my laptop and this blog. Working as a professional painter is a good gig and I enjoyed it immensely. Not that I didn't enjoy the few days work was cancelled because of rain...but it was good, hard, often sweaty work.

Breakfasts are a lovely thing in our home, especially when I've got the day off and Dad can leave an hour later. Egg sandwiches tend to come around.


A trip to the Warm Springs Indian Reservation in Oregon was painful and beautiful. The LORD is stitching me back together after the summer of 2011 and He always surprises me with His goodness. It's funny how old pain can show you just how much the LORD has grown and healed you.

There were some knitting lessons which turned into stage make-up courses...


Some birthdays...more to come.


And, the biggest reason why it'll get more interesting around here, is that I got my passport and will be studying at Oxford in the Spring. In Oxford, at Oxford, in ENGLAND! Obviously I have still not soaked this in. Then, next summer, I'll be backpacking, camping, hostel-ing, and farmer's-marketing accross the European continent.


So life is hard, God is good, and I am redicalously blessed with resources and opportunity.

Now it's packing up, saying see-ya-laters and flying back to Georgia.

1 comment :

Hannah! said...

yay! glad to have you back. i've been checking your page the whole time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...