03 December 2011

Trade Hooks for Hooks. Done.


I've wanted to make feather earrings for a really long time.
However, everyone is wearing them.
No, I'm not hipster...I just prefer to not follow fads.
Besides. There are so many wonderfully different types of earrings.
It's a shame to wear the same ones as everyone else.
Because of this,
I was walking past yet another fishing tackle isle and wishing I could go fishing when I thought
"hey...those have feathers...and lovely shiny discs...and they're for fishing...which I love..."
So I stepped into the middle of all the lovely trinkets and twine to check and see whether it was actually affordable.
$2.50 per lure.
$5 earrings.
Not bad at all.

A perk I did not expect was wearing them in wind.
The spinners twirl and jingle.
They're so light however that they don't pull on your ears.
Very little weight...big impact. When you think about it, fishing flies were designed for that in the first place!

Beware though.
They have potent pun potential.
I didn't realize it until I wore them today and a friend said
"Ha! They're a-luring!"
I think it's funny but if you can't stand puns, be careful about wearing these earrings.


the easiest
HOW TO
you've ever seen

Take two matching (or not) fishing flies or lures.
Remove the fish hooks.
Place onto earring hooks.
Put in ears.
Enjoy.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...