04 November 2013

fear

Fear is a way that I live my life.  It's often laced through my actions, I write it into my papers, and I clip it into my hair in the morning.

People say that this is a fearful time in your life, this one that I find myself wrapped up in. You suddenly realize that those structures which have been surrounding you are falling away. Family, church, university.  It is not that your family deserts you, or that the church as a whole rejects you, but rather that where faces are familiar, where habits are formed, where you know which way is up...everything gets jumbled in the shift to a new place.

The fear is gripping me as I don't even know where the next place is.

But the Lord knows.

So there I will place my hope.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...