28 September 2013

jello


A week and some into the semester, I went on a search for more varying lunch fare. I am very happy with leftover soup and such, but the wilted spinach salad I had along with my soup? Not so much. I turned to jello. 

I have always loved jello. Jello is mostly fake. Therefore, I cannot eat jello now. Unless, I make it myself! Which turns out to be blissfully simple thanks to the wonders of gelatin and a glorious recipe from Detoxinista.


HOMEMADE JELLO
Recipe from Detoxinista.com

1/4 c 100% fruit juice
1 T gelatin (grass-fed preferred)

Whisk well until the mixture starts to thicken.

1/4 c just boiled water

Pour over juice mixture and whisk until dissolved evenly.

1 1/2 c 100% fruit juice

Pour into mixture and mix well to combine.

For bars: pour into a standard loaf pan, greased or lined with parchment paper. Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours to firm.

For scoops: simply make the recipe in a seal-able jar and place in the fridge to chill. A double of this recipe makes exactly a quart which is absolutely perfect for a quart mason jar.


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...