19 March 2013

more castles and then home

Heading home from Wales, we stopped by this, my favorite of the castles. Not only does it boast a gorgeous location as it wraps around the edge of an impressive cliff, but it also houses the oldest castle doors in Europe as well as the oldest plaster decoration. You can see it in the interior photograph in the furthest four arches. It's severely damaged and only remains as a reddish plaster covering over some of the stones, but if you look closely, you can definitely see it.

IMG_1176
IMG_1179
IMG_1180

All in all it was a wonderful refreshing and restful trip that I will most likely remember for the rest of my life. I am slow to call it the trip of a life time, though that phrase so easily trips off of our tongues here. Because I am determined to take other similar trips, I won't say it.

IMG_1181

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...