08 January 2013

the eighth of january in cups


There are many exaggerated ideas that Americans in general have about Brits in general. One of them that is not exaggerated is tea. Through these days of orientation, I begin with a morning cup over breakfast which (sadly), I didn't have time for this morning because (happily) I slept through the night! Next comes the exhilarating bike through the cool morning to Wycliffe Hall followed by about an hour of orientation. Then tea. Orientation follows and then lunch. Following lunch is more orientation and then afternoon tea. Our last segment of orientation comes next and then we were free to get errands done or do whatever we wished, such as rush back to our rooms to see if our tutors had emailed us. I went to The Eagle and Child for an evening drink with a few others...Fentiman's Dandelion & Burdock, by far the best soda I have ever had. You can see my review of it here.

5 comments :

Melanie said...

and just look at the beautiful wood of the table, too. Your photos will capture the details you may soon not notice but which make the whole time abroad different. Like the chunks of sugar for tea which is normal there but super special here. Fentimans was the ginger ale we tried over Christmas that you liked so well.

Jonathan said...

Eagle & Child! How special. I like the way Pounds Sterling are casually laid out ...

Katie Beth said...

You've gotta get all the details, right? And if they're sitting there, they might as well be in the picture.

Molly said...

You have no idea how jealous I am, wishing I could just drop by the Eagle and Child.

Katie Beth said...

Molly! You should really apply to the program. You would thrive beyond anything here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...