23 October 2012

Full of Plans

Actual nitty-gritty European summer planning going on for after Oxford.  Currently looking at Scotland to Switzerland to South France. Walking, Camping, and taking the train are the main features. I never thought I would ever get to say that I planned a trip much less went on a trip to Scotland, Switzerland, and France, much less walked to Loch Lomond.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share some resrouces with you that I have found wonderfully helpful.


| West Highland Way |
The official website of the West Highland Way walking trail which starts in Milngavie, just outside of Glasgow, and goes to Fort William in the Highlands. Includes the route and difficulty levels as well as places to see and stay along the way.


| Boots'n'all |
A minimalist packing list for backpackers 

| Rail Europe |
The source of such wonders as a global rail pass which you can take to anywhere in the world connected to the European rail system for fifteen days.


| Hostel Bookers |
I have not used this source yet, but a friend gave it to me after she got back from a similar trip

 
| Outdoor Access Scotland

 The access code to outdoor activities in Scotland such as camping, hiking, and watersports


| Visit Scotland's page on Wild Camping |
Enough said.


| Bonjour la France |
French train schedules

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...