08 September 2011

It was sweet as honey

"He said to me, 'Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you"...a hand was stretched out to me, and behold a scroll of a book was in it...And there were written on it in words of lamentation and mourning and woe..."Son of man, eat whatever you find here. Eat this scroll I am giving to you and fill your stomach with it' ...it was in my mouth as sweet as honey."
exerpts from Ezekiel

I cannot simply curl up and hurt. I must uncurl, reveal my soft stomach, and stand waiting. I must be supported by my feet legs thighs back shoulders neck. Vulnerable. Suffering, mourning, and woe will be offered and I must take it into myself. An unpleasant, wrinkled, and soon soggy mass in my throat...but the LORD will make it sweet as honey as He has done in the past.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...