14 July 2011

Quiet

Holding Nolani and sitting at the picnic table in the car port. She's still bundled in her towel. No arms and no legs. Just toes.

Quiet rocking.

Destiny comes up behind us and leans in as she sits on the spare inches at the end of the bench. We talk about team members.

These are new church people....The old church people had to go home... Yes. It's very sad... Some of them really didn't want to go but they all had to leave... Yes... Just like all the other church people before them... I hope I can come back... I don't ever want to leave... But I have to go back to Yakama on Saturday... That's three days... I know... I want to be here with you guys all the time... Yes... Not Sundays... Yes... You guys aren't here on Sundays... Someday I want to move here and come all the time... Would you like that? Oh I would too...

We sit in silence then because no promises could be made. No comforts given. Just presence. Destiny's slender soft arm is under my finger tips and Nolani curves in my arms, her form fitting perfectly in mine.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...