08 March 2013

patches


The backpack that I have been using and will be using this coming summer has a story to it. It's the same backpack that my mother used when she studied abroad her junior year of college. It's a lovely green with old-fashioned clasps that are constantly confusing airport security. It also has patches from mom's travels across Europe.

It took me a little bit to bring myself to it, but I've started putting patches from my own travels on it. The beautiful ones that are on it now aren't sold anymore so nearly any new ones I put on look very different. I did get one in Dublin though, which you can see from far away in this photo. And, today, I added an official University of Oxford one. It means so much to be able to use a piece of history and make it a little bit my own.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...