15 January 2013

first impressions

While I haven't been able to have much interaction with them, I have observed a few things about British folks. People kept walking into me at the airport and I realized that I was walking along the american side of the sidewalk. However, when I started walking on the UK driving side, I still had people running into me. It appears they walk wherever they'd like whenever they'd like to. I haven't observed any walking into each other yet, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Eye contact is also reserved for people you know personally. It is very seldom that a smile is returned and eye contact is quickly broken. This has been strange on a subconscious level more than anything else. I'm used to some people refusing to smile but when it's everyone, I get this eerie feeling that something is wrong without being able to pinpoint it.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...