18 December 2012

Simple Gifts

Once again, limited resources have pushed me to think outside the box. The result is one of my favorite creations yet.


Here's what I used:
36 small glass ornaments ($5 at Walmart)
1 borrowed sharpie
24 feet red yarn from an old project
five paint chips
hole punch
...and my favorite part?
paper towels


I wanted to make something for each girl on my hall and a few friends who work in the building. I wrote our hall name on one side and the year on the other.

Then it was only a simple matter of pulling the paper towel around each ornaments and tying it up with the red yarn. Our paper towel dispensers cut each into a lovely zigzag pattern, lending a lovely look to the end packages.

For the gift labels, I hole punched strips of various green paint chips. Names went on them with the sharpie and another knot in the yarn finished it off.

Meaningful, pretty gifts for all of these lovely ladies I adore for five dollars? Yes please.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...