11 December 2012

quote board

Our room's quote board has taken a drastically different shape over the past week.

This lovely board, designed and created by the lovely and brilliant Hillary Eames (it's true Hillary...don't even), was wonderful in both function and appearance until some time last week when the delicate cardboard-duct tape bond gave up the ghost. That was something new I learned this week: duct tape and cardboard do not get along. I would not have guessed.


BUT! Now that that board doesn't work any more, we've strung the same string along the bottom of our book shelves lining the ceiling above our bookcases. I think it will continue to serve them sell next semester as well. So many good quotes up there already. I might share some more of them than are in this picture, but quite a few of them are ones that we couldn't put out on our hall quote board in our commons...mainly because they're just not funny out of context.

Anyhow! As I'm taking my mini-clothes pins with me to Oxford, I set up the new string using paper clips. I'd never done that before and it's working really well! Better than the pins actually because they can hold thicker pieces of paper with more ease.


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...