24 December 2012

i'm already making mistakes

The list says "room fourteen, second floor."

"Huzzah!" I thought. "Only one flight of stairs to climb when I come home from a long bike ride."

Once I poked around, however, I realized that there were assignments for the ground, first, and second floors. So their second floor is our third floor. Thank heavens I figured this out before I ran off all chipper in a cloud of American culture to find a professor on the second floor of a far and unfamiliar building.

"Huzzah! I'll be able to see so much more of Oxford out of our window!"

2 comments :

Melanie said...

Just a minute -- you're not making a mistake, you are learning something new about the world. So many things we totally take for granted are different in other countries. That's one of the main reasons to go to another country!

Katie Beth said...

That is a wonderful way to think about it. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...