04 September 2012

Room Tour

It's very rainy today. Not the dumping kind of rain, but the kind that gets through to your glasses under your hood and comes sideways just enough to soak your jeans between classes. Out our window there are beautifully green trees and then nothing. Just clouds whispering by in a very solid way.

I figured today would be a good day to give you a room tour, as pictures outside are all just turning out grey.

So here you are! Current favorite part about living in a four-woman (no, I'm not a feminist, I just think calling us a four-man makes any sense) again is the varying styles of decorating. This picture is a lovely example. To the left you can see Hillary's pictures with a very decoupaged effect while to the right my photos are all squared and carefully lined up symmetrically. I would like to note however that they are all of different sizes. You see? I'm growing!



My desk also shows progress. There are books that are leaning! Look at those leaning books! They make me happy simply because I could not have done that two years ago...or even perhaps a year ago. God is so great, isn't He? Leaning books. Who'd a thunk.


Below is our tea shelf. We went classic college dorm style and got two green crates. I was all for a cute little bookshelf but then decided that sixty dollars was NOT going to happen and that the green really is very cute after all.


Quote board. A must. Created by Hillary, loved by all. There are already some gems. No, I'm afraid I will not be sharing them here. Sorry. Some boys read this blog.


Now we venture out into the hall! Duh da dum!

(I'm happy today because it was a day of confirmation. Confirmation that I really do like rain, that I can be creative on the fly, and that I am totally studying the right things...English, Education, and History. Perhaps more on that later.)

These are encouragement envelopes! We've hung them up on the carpet in the alcove on our hall. Yes, there is carpet on the wall. It's a founders thing (our building)...don't ask, I don't know. All I do know is that it's really handy for hanging things and I kind of like it despite it's garish color in the rooms.


The hall! Our RA managed to go with the garland motif without making it ketch or ironic. I admire her greatly. For this, and many other things.


And then back into the room! My collection of postcards are on the air vent.


So now you know where I live! But not in a creepy way...so I suppose that's a good thing. I have some handy little things to share soon as well such as "The Jar of Regrettable Things," our rommie contract, and something from pinterest that is actually useful. So stop by later if you'd like.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...