27 September 2011

Oh Where I Want To Be

I want to be in the thick of it
filling vans to bursting with food and paint
relying soley on God's Great Word.


I want to be driving on empty
always praying that I'll keep moving
just so I can rejoice in God's continual provision.


I want to be in the beauty
because where else are there seven peaks
so beautifully framed?


I want to smell the beauty as well as see it.
smell the sage brush and fry bread and feel my eyes sting from the smoke
so that I can remember the beauty and brokenness side by side.


I want to watch the dances
see the regal elders and the learning children
and watch them all be full in their identity.


I want to watch the community come together and be a tribe
instead of the individualistic society
that we're surrounded by.


I want to hear the children call out that the
"church people" have come once again.
I want to keep my promises.


But God has put me on a mountain in the middle of rural Georgia
with professors
fellow students
and a church family.
I know without a doubt that this is where He wants me right now.
Brokenness lurks here as well no matter how much I'd like to think it doesn't.
He has shown me horrors here that I never thought I would encounter
and never would have found if I hadn't gone looking.

Praise His holy name
for knowing what's good for me
better than I do.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...