28 August 2011

Nesting

So here I am.
Once again at the top of a mountain at the tippy-top of Georgia.
Yes, I'm calling it a mountain now.
I get funny looks and then have to explain things
when I giggle to myself whenever people call it a mountain.
Also, I figure going with the flow on this one is the most loving thing to do.


Bits of last year are folded into new photographs and memories,
all plastered into my walls with an inordinate amount of blue "fun" tack.
The lightbulbs hanging above my desk are a handy reminder.
Burnt out and used, they are still lovely.


A large, extremely comfortable chair awaits long talks and mind divulging
while above it hang pictures of home.


Coffee insulators from here and there
Seattle companies mixed with Chattanooga places
knitting next to powwow memories
and paraphenalia from teaching in a local high school last year


A walking map of the Seattle I'm now so familiar with
and a spread of Pi-Ume-Sha from the local Warm Spring's newspaper.
Questions are asked and it thrills my heart to see connections being made.


Scarves I created last year and those I have had for as long as I can remember
hang at the foot of my bed blocking the light from the window at night.
I've found that I have quite a collection of poka dotted things.

This is my new nest. A place to come and be quiet,
to come and comfort,
to come and fill my head with thoughts academic and otherwise.
I pray it will be a place of peace for myself as well as those who need it.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...