06 September 2012

Something that's actually useful from Pinterest

I just want to start off with saying that I am not knocking Pinterest. I enjoy using it a great deal and have loved gathering clips and pictures scattered around the interwebs into one place. I've always been a magazine clipper and so it translates brilliantly. However, so many of the boards are filled with people's dream worlds without any reality behind them at all. "My Style" is really just pictures of people that are envied and "Things To Do" are hardly ever actually done. The words "I need this!" come up far too often for my comfort. It seems as though people are simply using their boards as a new way of making a fake life; a way to project who they want to be to the world rather than allowing people to see who they actually are. But you know, there is beauty in the brokenness if you look for it.

For example, when you find something that you actually put into practice!


You can see my version above. Below it is the link to the pin I saw about two months ago that gave me the idea.

Each popsicle stick has a number of reps next to the exercise. Pick six at random. Switch out duplicates. Do three times or for twenty minutes, whichever is longer. Set those sticks aside. Pick six more at random the next time. Continue until the jar is empty. Replace the removed sticks. Start over.

There's a couple of us that do this Mondays and Fridays. Then there's yoga Wednesdays and running Tuesdays and Thursdays. So far so good.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...